If you are new to Notch, this is the course for you. You’ll learn how to navigate the Builder UI, how to create effects, work with 3D objects and export your work. This course serves as the foundation for the Intermediate and Advanced courses and is a requirement to attend them in the future.
Here’s what you’ll learn during the Notch Essentials course:
- Introduction to Builder: an in-depth walkthrough of the UI and workflow tools.
- Video Compositing & VFX: adjusting the viewport, working with post-FX nodes, video nulls and green screen keying.
- Lights: working with basic lights, deferred rendering, shadow casting, area lights, environment maps, volumetric lighting, using skyboxes and working with reflections.
- Materials: basic material understanding, using separate material nodes, texture mapping and material editing inside of Builder.
- Modifiers: workshop showcasing the use of math and continuous Modifiers, including some nice tips, tricks and best practices.
- Particles: workshop teaching you how to set up a particle scene using Emitters, Affectors, 3D particle trails, IMAG emitting and post-FX.
- File formats: we will explore the various 3D file formats and showcase the differences and benefits of each supported format (like .c4d, .fbx, .abc, .obj and .lwo)
- Exporting: learning how to export video (and the various options available), setting up a project for standalone EXE export, exporting to media servers for use as blocks, and network editing.