Maintenance and Support Policy
Date of Last Revision: 25 November 2015
THIS MAINTENANCE & SUPPORT POLICY TELLS YOU ABOUT THE SUPPORT THAT WE WILL GIVE YOU DURING YOUR LICENCE OF OUR SOFTWARE. PLEASE READ THIS MAINTENANCE & SUPPORT POLICY CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE LEVEL OF SUPPORT THAT WE PROVIDE, BEFORE ORDERING ANY PRODUCTS FROM OUR SITE.
THIS MAINTENANCE & SUPPORT POLICY LINKS WITH OUR EULA, WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE. PLEASE READ THE EULA CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SOFTWARE, AS IT EXPLAINS HOW YOU ARE LICENSED TO USE THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE QUERIES CONCERNING THIS MAINTENANCE & SUPPORT POLICY OR THE EULA YOU MAY CONTACT US HERE: email@example.com.
ALL DEFINITONS IN OUR EULA SHALL HAVE THE SAME MEANING IN THIS MAINTENANCE & SUPPORT POLICY.
1. MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT PARAMETERS
- The Software is highly technical and is designed only for professional users and/or audio-visual engineers.
- General support is included in the Software licence fee, and will be provided under the conditions outlined in section 2.
- General support is only available during the Software licence period, and is subject to the exceptions set out in section 3.
2. GENERAL SUPPORT
- General support is included in the Software licence fee. Throughout your licence to use the Software we will provide:
- an email help-line to provide first-line technical support to assist you with any general enquiries in connection with the Software; and
- where possible, remote diagnosis to correct material errors, bugs and failures of the Software.
- Subject to our support hours (described in section 2.3 below) we will use reasonable efforts to provide you with (i) an initial acknowledgement of your query within 24 hours of receipt; and (ii) a full response to your query within 48 hours.
- General support will only be provided Monday to Friday, between the hours of 10am and 5pm.
- Technical issues may take some time to address once they are diagnosed. So, if you need support in connection with a performance critical activity (such as tour dates, rehearsals, and filming dates) we advise you to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please provide us with no less than 30 days’ notice of your support requirements, setting out at least:
- the exact time and date of any performance critical activity (if applicable);
- any issues that you face with your use of the Software; and
- details of any third party products used in addition to the Software.
- Hardware and technical equipment used for any performance critical activity will need to be scaled to match your use of the Software.
- In commercially reasonable time prior to any performance critical activity, you should test your use of the Software in a test environment. Such test environment should as far as possible match that of the final performance environment, using identical hardware and upstream/downstream devices to that being used in the performance critical activity.
- If the issues you experience are outside the scope of our general support service, we may be able to provide additional consultancy. Please get in touch with us in good time to find out more about our consultancy services.
- The performance of the Software is significantly dependent on any third party products that you may use and we cannot be liable for any compatibility issues between the Software and any third party product that may arise as a result of using such third party products.
- We shall have no obligation to provide support where faults/issues in the Software arise from:
- misuse, incorrect use of or damage to the Software from whatever cause (other than any act or omission by us), including failure or fluctuation of electrical power;
- failure to maintain the necessary environmental conditions for use of the Software;
- use of the Software in combination with any equipment or software not provided by us or not designated by us for use with the Software, or any fault in any such equipment or software;
- any breach of your obligations under the EULA howsoever arising or having the Software maintained by a third party; or
- any modification of the Software not authorised by us.